Thursday, September 20, 2012

Play to learn, part 1

The game I played was Kitty Math. I thought it was fun because the game combined math, my least favorite subject, with cats, my favorite animal. By doing this, I enjoyed it even though I hate the subject. I really liked using the cordinate plane to find the kitties stuck in a tree. When you find a cat, it shows up and when you find all four it says 'thank mew'. When I found one, I wanted to find them all so that they could all be out of the tree even though they arent real. The game would be educational for kids in this subject. I already knew it but learned how to find the y coordinate knowing only the x one. I hadnt been taught it so it was a little chanlenging. If I could change anything about the game, I would make a thing were one more kitten was lost and you had to do a similar problem in the house. I think that it is a good excersize for kids in pre algebra. We had to play a game called dirty river and idenify the bad objects. They were a leeching soft drink, choke able ball, unusable tire, a rusting can, an inedible cap, some entangleing rings, a broken fishing rod, a habitat killin propeller, leeching bottle and a clogging bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment