Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Single Story

We saw a video with a lad explaining what a single story was. It really got me thinking. Every one has a story that the have heard so many times, when they hear someone mention it, all they think of is what was repeated. Like, if you kept hearing about how poor someone was, everytime someone mentioned them, all they would think was that they were poor. If they meet them, they would probably be suprised about what really happens. I have told alot of people what my sister does. Even though its true, I leave out some parts. If you met my sister, she would display some qualities I wouldve told you about, but alot more. But I had told you a single story so it would suprise you. I once heard a lot of praise put upon a place in England by my mum. When I got there, I was full of hope on seeing the queen or prince charles at Buckingham palace. I was disappointed to see grey stone, a bunch of tourists, and the only queen and prince related things I saw were in the ift shop and the flag waving on the highest point in the castle, signifing the queen was there. I was disappointed not to see them like my mum had(She almost elbowed prince Charles in the face!oops) but learned that I had only heard one side of things, my mums single story. If I made a game about the palace, I would try to show not just a single story. Games can show more than one side to things, you just have to make that really show through.

No comments:

Post a Comment