Sunday, December 16, 2012

Imagining the team game.

So, update on the game. We are doing a science game, as mentioned before called Cell AdVenture. What we are doing is making a game where you have to carry out the functions of each organelles, from the nucleus of said cell. After a certian point, you encounter enemies. If you finish the game, you see your plant, completely grown. You chose at the begining what plant you are, flower, tree, or herb. The point is to show how important the organelles are to the cell, in extension organs and in further extension all living things.  Our game metamorphosed from an idea, to a basic outline, then to what we have now, an adventure game. To be honest, we chose cells because we knew it fairly well and the remembered a class activity from last year. Then we decided to make an interactive game out of the knowledge we had and make something similar to the prodject, which was getting out of a cell which had malfuntioned and had no energy. Anyway, our ideas changed and grew more refined untill we got a workable game topic. We have been having a few trouble spots, mainly that some of us can't concentrate very well, or remember who chose which jobs. For example, Dylan chose most of them including artist, I chose artist since I can't do much else, and Luke chose artist and a few Dylan had chosen as well. Luke and Dylan are good at research, the latter is better though. Dylan is the most serious. When me and Luke are goofing off, he helps us get back on track. Luke is silly but comes up with new ideas a lot, even if the are implausible, like a flying crab as the protagonist in a game. Still, we mostly balance each other out when in the right mood. When it comes to research though, they are a lot better than me. I get side tracked a lot. Still, we mostly explored a website called cells alive for information about plant cells. It has a bunch of interactive models and thats all I could see before I researched for a different site. For some reason, that website didnt seem to like me. Still, the game is one that you would need prior knowledge of cells to understand and finish. We had a brief problem on what we were doing in the beggining. I wanted the game to be you were inside the cell and had to make it function correctly to get out, but we ended up with having to complete the cells functions as the cell itself. Mostly you would, as my understanding goes, use the arrow keys to move around. I might be completely wrong though. We have another problem. Usong flash without getting off course. Well, thats me anyway. I once spent a class period doodling without realizing it. It looked pretty cool, but doesnt exactly serve a purpose in our game. We have used color gradience, that is important too. It allows us to make it look slightly less like a cartoon. Still, thats about it. I guess I'll post later. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Thats really interesting izzy.I cant wait to see the outcome of your ame!!

    ReplyDelete